We are committed to working with you to become healthier, fitter, and living life to the fullest. We have the expertise, passionate staff, facility and equipment to help you achieve your goals.
The Northern Sport Centre membership is great value for you and your family with year-round access to recreation and fitness activities.
- Complimentary Parking Permit (up to three-hours)
- Suspend (hold) your membership up to three months each year (can be non-consecutive)
- Free Wi-Fi (sign up for log in and password at the front desk)
- No annual membership contract
- No cancellation fee after three months
- Group Fitness Drop-in classes and Rec North Programs including drop-in Pickleball, Basketball, and Soccer are included in your membership
- Registered programs discounted rates
- Discounted prices for Personal Training
- 280 metre 3-lane Indoor track with a 5-lane 80 metre sprint section
- Four fitness zones located around the track with an extensive selection of cardio machines such as spin/cardio bikes and Jacob's Ladder.
- Resistance training areas that include free weights, plate loaded machines, selectorize (pin & stack), cable machines, and Olympic lifting platforms
- One Fieldhouse with two fields (subject to availability)
- Three Gymnasiums (subject to availability)
- Squash courts x 2 (advance booking required)
- Two fitness studios
Note: For Members 18 years old and younger, some conditions apply. Please refer to our Youth Access Policy about facility access. For access to fitness classes please check with the Fitness Instructor.
To be eligible for the spouse rate, the spouse must live in the same household as the primary member who holds an active membership. Documentation may be requested. This membership must be of the same duration (eg. one month, continual). For continual memberships, monthly payments must be made out of the same bank account as the primary member.
If the legal guardian of the child is an active, annual Northern Sport Centre member, then the following can be applied. Dependent(s) must live in the same household at time of registration:
All dependents, twelve and younger are free.
First dependent up to eighteen years of age is free.
All additional dependents 13 - 18 years of age are 50% off the Teen/Youth rate.
Dependents who qualify for a free membership must sign up for the membership; a $10.00 FOB Access Key fee applies.
Children twelve and younger who do not wish to sign up for a membership still have daily use access. A paid parent/guardian must be in attendance and sign the daily waiver form each visit. The child is not eligible for member service benefits.
To sign up for a Membership, please remember to bring the following:
- A valid piece of identification eg. Drivers License
- Payment for your $10.00 FOB fee
- License Plate number for your Parking Permit
- Pre-Authorized monthly memberships: a void cheque, or Pre-Authorized Debit form from your bank and payment for first month’s dues (pro-rated).
- Spouse rate: To qualify for this rate proof of same address as the *Primary Member is required. Note: Pre-Authorized debit memberships, monthly payments must be made out of the same account as the *Primary Member.
- Student rate: current proof of class registration; student ID is not accepted as proof.
- Corporate rate: current proof of employment
- Alumni rate: UNBC card with valid Alumni sticker
Please remember to update us if your personal contact information such as phone and email changes. We contact our members via e-newsletter three times a year and on other urgent facility issues as required. A personal email address is preferred as is more permanent than your work email.
If you aren't sure if we have your current info, double check with our staff at the Front Desk.
- Free day use lockers are available, please bring your own lock.
- .50 cents for day use locker in the changing rooms with the lock provided - see Front Desk.
- .25 cents for day use locker on track level with the lock provided - see Front Desk.
We also offer convenient monthly locker rentals for $12.60. Tired of carrying your shampoo, shoes and shorts around with you? Keep your gear here all the time and never worry about forgetting it, losing it or having it stolen. These lockers are tall - perfect for your winter coat, boots and more!
Monthly locker rentals are available on a first come, first serve basis. We cannot hold, or contact members they become available. Please check with our staff regularly (we cannot predict if a member will renew their rental or not). The best time to ask? Between April and August when things slow down.
Please do not leave valuables out in the open or unsecured. We are not responsible for lost, damaged or stolen articles.