1. The Northern Sport Centre has zero tolerance towards violence or threats of violence to Staff, Members, and the General Public. This includes but is not limited to:
- any act of physical assault, verbal assaults, threats and attempts to intimidate
- throwing of articles in a deliberate or aggressive manner, aggressively approaching another individual, or striking another individual
- attempting to prod or incite violence in others in or around the Facility.
Those demonstrating inappropriate behaviour or language will be declined entry or be asked to leave. Their membership may be cancelled. They may be banned from the Facility.
2. Some inappropriate behaviour that is prohibited, but is not limited to: wearing clothing or displaying offensive materials, words, and images that contravene the BC Human Rights Code. Engaging in vandalism, littering, use of profanity, and spitting is not permitted.
3. For your own protection and future use of our facility, DO NOT share your FOB Access Key. Sharing it will result in immediate suspension of your Membership and Facility access.
4. Northern Sport Centre is not responsible for lost, damaged or stolen property.
5. Solicitation of any type is prohibited.
6. Cell phones and camera enabled devices are prohibited in all locker rooms.
7. If you are using a Personal Trainer, Physiotherapist or sport-specific Coach at the Northern Sport Centre, it must be with one of our certified trainers or partners. For liability and legal reasons, we cannot permit clients to bring outside personal trainers.
8. Food and liquid (other than water) is not permitted in the facility. This includes the gymnasium, squash courts, studio, weight rooms, track and fieldhouse. Closed-top water bottles are permitted.
9. As per the provincial Tobacco Reduction Act, smoking in public places and workplaces is prohibited. Smoking of any kind, including electronic/vapour, is prohibited inside the Northern Sport Centre. It is also prohibited within ten feet from the doorway, window or air intake. Smoking is defined as the holding of a lit cigar, cigarette, pipe or any other device that is lit or smoking in which tobacco or any other substance is burning. This includes vapourizing or electronic smoking and the use of electronic smoking devices.