Upon your return, you will notice a different facility. Our staff have been working very hard setting up the required Covid-19 physical distancing, cleanliness and minimal touch point protocols.
As the Covid-19 situation evolves, so will our response. Your cooperation is key to the Northern Sport Centre’s successful re-open.
We will only accept 100% compliance. Members and users who fail to follow our guidelines will be asked to leave the facility and may not be welcome to return.
- All drop-in classes are part of your membership fee. This fall choose 13 different classes and activities representing over 30 hours of weekly programming.
- We are a user-pay facility. If you are not a member, the drop-in fee must be paid.
- Activities are suitable for all levels of fitness - just do your best. If you aren't sure about your physical ability, please call our Program Coordinator at 250-960-5335 to discuss.
- Class dates/times and instructors are subject to change. They may be cancelled at any time for illness, facility bookings and other activities. Please follow us on social media to stay updated or check out our Twitter feed on the web home page.
- No classes Monday, October 12 (Thanksgiving) or Wednesday, November 11 (Remembrance Day).
A few things to remember to ensure a positive and respectful experience for everyone:
- Please limit your use of scents such as perfume and cologne when attending these classes.
- Children 13 - 15 can participate with a parent/guardian in attendance. Youth 16 - 18 are permitted without a parent/guardian.
- Children under twelve are not permitted to participate or sit in on classes. They cannot sit outside the room or in the hallway while their parents participate.
- Drop in fitness classes are closed to late arrivals. This prevents disrupting the instructor and the participants.
- Pick up your NSC Class Pass at the Front Desk thirty (30) minutes before class time to confirm your spot. One pass per person.
- Outdoor shoes are not permitted in the fitness areas.
Monday, Tuesday + Thursday
10:30am - 11:30am
Friday: 11:00am - 12:00pm
This very popular 50+ class is lead by Alex and Kim. Each brings a unique movement philosophy to every class. They will get you on your way to fitness or improving your fitness level. If you have medical issues that have have limited your participation in other fitness activities, Boomer Fit is for you.
5:00pm - 6:00pm
6:00am - 7:00am
5:30pm - 6:30pm
12:15pm - 1:00pm
Join Rebecca for this this high intensity class! Challenge your cycling performance, cardio fitness and muscular endurance. If you want to take your cycle fitness to a higher level, this is your class. Cycle Fit is suitable for riders fresh off the training wheels as well as those seeking a new challenge.
Sunday: 9:00am - 10:00am
Join Kim for this innovative mix of Pilates, Fit Barre, and toning floor work. You will use body weight, free weights and foam rollers - expect the unexpected!
Monday: 6:00pm - 7:00pm
Wednesday: 5:00pm - 6:00pm
Sunday: 10:30am - 11:30am
Yoga Flow offers a modern approach to the ancient practice of yoga. Incorporate dynamic movement and classical breathing techniques to this practice. Join Denise and rejuvenate with creative sequences designed to balance the mind and body.
Monday: 6:00am - 7:00am
Tuesday: 7:30pm - 8:30pm
Wednesday: 6:00am - 7:00am
9:00am - 10:00am
6:30pm - 7:30pm
6:00am - 7:00am
6:30pm - 7:30pm
Saturday: 9:00am - 10:00am
Northern Sport Centre’s signature boot camp will take amp up your fitness using an interval-based workout. No drill sergeants, just all the hard-core conditioning you can handle. Train with cutting edge methods and equipment to create a healthier you.
12:00pm - 1:00pm
7:00pm - 8:00pm
Friday: 12:00pm - 1:00pm
Gentle Yoga is a great class if you are new to yoga or just need to slow down. Receive assistance while building a foundation to improve your strength and balance.
Wednesday: 6:30pm - 7:30pm
Nia is a fun, energizing and inspirational fitness experience! Nia uniquely blends dance, martial arts & the healing arts. Enjoy a variety of eclectic music and simple, creative, choreography. This combination encourages self-expressions while creating power, precision, mindfulness and grounding.
Nia also provides you with space for self-healing, focus, awareness and relaxation. Join Kathleen for this non-impact class that is practiced barefoot and adaptable to individual needs and abilities. Youth 13 - 15 are permitted with a parent/guardian in attendance/participating.
Saturday: 9:30am - 10:30am
Led by Leah, Power Yoga is the perfect blend of combining strength and relaxation all into one class. Using traditional yoga poses integrated with dynamic vinyasas and challenging postures, you will build strength and concentration. Enjoy a peaceful savasana and leave feeling calm and empowered.
Tuesday + Thursday: 8:30am - 9:30am
Tai Chi's gentle movements combine yoga and meditation followed by smooth and graceful transitions. Paz Milburn teaches the 24 Simplified Yang Style from the Taoist principle and Chen Style. Calm your mind, improve balance and connect with your “chi” the vital force that Chinese philosophy believes animates the body. You must be 16+ years of age to participate in this class.
Wednesday + Friday: 10:30am - 11:30am
Make time to restore, relax and return to your breath through a slow, nourishing practice led by Vivian. In the practice of Yin, allow your body to passively release into deeper relaxation and flexibility.
Monday + Wednesday: 12:00pm - 1:00pm
Join Leah and Vivian as they lead the ancient practice of uniting your breath and physical posture. Acquire improved flexibility, balance, strength and mental clarity. Yoga is for all levels and abilities. Classes range in style depending on the instructor’s teaching practice. No previous yoga experience is necessary!
Tuesday, Thursday + Friday: 5:00pm - 6:00pm
Zumba is an exhilarating, effective, easy-to-follow, Latin-inspired, calorie-burning dance fitness-party™ ! Once the Latin and World rhythms take over, you'll see why Zumba® Fitness classes are called exercise in disguise.
Youth 13 - 15 are permitted with a parent/guardian in attendance/participating.