The PARE test is a Physical Abilities Requirement Evaluation that is used by many law enforcement agencies and other government departments throughout Canada. Participants may take the test at the NSC for official results or for practice before an official Physical Abilities Requirement Evaluation (PARE).
Plese stay tuned for the next test dates in 2020.
Cost is $80.00 + tax per test. Pre-registration and payment is required. Please call 250 960 6366 to save your spot.
Pre Rest Requirements
- Be physically active for at least two months (3 - 5 cardiovascular training sessions per week, moderate to vigorous level).
- Abstain from smoking for at least two hours.
- Abstain from caffeine products for at least two hours.
- Abstain from use short-acting bronchodilators for at least two hours, but bring trheir short-acting bronchodilator with them in the event they will need it after the test (and confirm the location with the PARE administrator).
- Abstain from alcohol for at least six hours.
- Abstain from using stimulants for at least 24 hours eg. products containing ephedrine, pseudoephedrine, ephedra.
- Abstain from any vigorous exercise within 24 hours.
PARE Participants must bring:
- Original and copy of the PARE Medical Clearance form.
- Complered PAR-Q form.
- Original Driver's License or similar photo ID.