Located on the scenic University of Northern British Columbia campus, the Charles Jago Northern Sport Centre welcomes you! Sign up for a fitness membership, rent space for your team or book a birthday party.
We opened our doors September 2007 in an effort to realize the full potential of Northern B.C. arising from the 2010 Olympic and Paralympic Winter Games. Our founding partners are:
- The City of Prince George
- University of Northern British Columbia
- Spirit of BC Prince George Community Committee
- Engage Sport North
The Charles Jago Northern Sport Centre, combines the best in athletics and recreation. We are proud to foster a distinctive culture of excellence by integrating sport and education.
At 145,000 square feet, this high-performance sport facility hosts one of the province’s longest indoor tracks. The Northern Sport Centre is home to the UNBC Timberwolves and Engage Sport North.
Through superior service our dedicated team aspires to deliver leadership in sport development, fitness education and programming. We inspire a community to embrace health and wellness.
The Northern Sport Centre team is committed to providing every person accessible, engaging opportunities for growth and development in sport, fitness and active living.
- Superior Service – Ensuring the customer’s expectations are exceeded and their experience is unmatched
- Accountability - Our responsibility to our team and our customers to take ownership of our actions in a timely and accurate manner
- Integrity - To provide a respectful environment conducive to ethical, transparent behaviour that will instil trust
- Forward thinking – To foster progressive, innovative actions that affect positive change
Board of DirectorsChair - Don BassermanVice Chair - Tim TribePresident - Walter BabiczVP - vacantSecretary - Kathleen SoltisTreasurer - Lisa HaslettNUGSS - Ethan FredeenCommunity - Brad BeckettCommunity - Jim Martin
The Northern Sport Centre is a generous corporate citizen pleased to support the fundraising activities of local charities and non-profits. We can donate a Membership Gift Certificate that can be used as a silent auction item or door prize.
Donations are limited and awarded on a first come, first serve basis. Each organization is eligible to receive one donation per calendar year. Requesting a donation from the NSC does not guarantee one will be awarded.
Each gift certificate expires ninety (90) days after the event. It must be redeemed on, or before, the expiry date listed - there are no extensions.
Please send your written request at least four (4) weeks in advance of your fundraiser.
► Two ways to apply:
Drop off/mail to: Karen Cameron - Marketing Coordinator