ROMEO, by Process Pathways, is a research administration software tool that allows the Office of Research to better manage grants, contracts and awards, as well as research certifications.
UNBC researchers can now submit the following grant applications and forms through the ROMEO online portal*. Submission via ROMEO will become mandatory January 1, 2018.
- Publication Grant
- Conference Travel Grant
- Seed Grant
- BC Real Estate Foundation Grant
- Graduate Scholarship Supplement
- External Grant and Contract Form
The Office of Research is currently working towards launching further ROMEO research modules, such as the certification (research ethics and animal care) module. Stay tuned for further updates.
*Please note: Romeo is compatible with Internet Explorer, Firefox and Google Chrome. **New** Romeo is now compatible with Safari.
Benefits of using ROMEO
- Submit applications for awards and certifications online via Romeo
- Automated routing of applications simplifies obtaining necessary approvals, review committee comments, feedback, and application re-submission
- Multi-user access enables collaboration with other researchers on your grant/certification applications
- Automated checks for application completeness minimizes application re-submission
- Attaching files directly to your application allows team members access to the complete application
- Ability to copy existing applications minimizes the need to re-enter information across similar applications
- Viewing the workflow log keeps you appraised on how your application is progressing through reviews and approvals
- Viewing the project log provides you with a snapshot of any changes made (by you or your team) to your application after initial submission
Upcoming ROMEO training sessions:
- Tuesday August 29, 2017 from 12:30 pm to 1:30 pm (CJMH 1007). Please RSVP Melanie Noullett by August 23, 2017.
- Wednesday September 13, 2017 from 1:30 to 2:30pm (CJMH 1007). Please RSVP Melanie Noullett by September 7, 2017.
- Thursday September 28, 2017 from 10:30 to 11:30am (CJMH 1007). Please RSVP Melanie Noullett by September 22, 2017.
- Friday October 13, 2017 from 10:30 to 11:30am (CJMH 1007). Please RSVP Melanie Noullett by October 7, 2017.
- Monday October 23, 2017 from 1:30 to 2:30pm (CJMH 1007). Please RSVP Melanie Noullett by October 17, 2017.
- Tuesday November 7, 2017 from 10:30 to 11:30am (CJMH 1007). Please RSVP Melanie Noullett by November 1, 2017.
- Wednesday November 22, 2017 from 12:30 to 1:30pm (CJMH 1007). Please RSVP Melanie Noullett by November 16, 2017.
- Thursday December 7, 2017 from 1:30 to 2:30pm (CJMH 1007). Please RSVP Melanie Noullett by December 1, 2017.
"How To" Manuals
Office of Research
Hours: Monday through Friday; 8:30 am to 4:30 pm