NEW Tri-Agency Guide on Financial Administration - APRIL 1, 2020
4 basic principles govern the appropriate use of grant funds. Grant expenditures MUST:
The role of Research Accounting Office at UNBC is to provide financial services and advice to the University Community about research grants and their management.
Our goal is to provide our researchers, students and all partners with efficient, effective and timely administration of all funding to ease the burden of financial management and enhance the success of research.
We strive to provide exceptional customer service to anyone we come in contact with directly and indirectly.
Fostering close working relationships with faculty, staff, students, granting agencies and all other partners is of most importance to us as it promotes overall success.
How We Can Help
- Fast Application training and guidance
- Interpretation of agency regulations
- Filling out forms for expenses claims, hire of research personnel, etc.
- Preparation of Financial Reporting
- Clarification of UNBC Research Policies
- Providing guidance on appropriate financial procedures
- Fund Set up
- Travel claims (Tri-Agency)
- Office & Stationery Expenses (Tri-Agency)
- Delivery charges
- Overhead expenses
- Checklist for transfer of Funds to an Eligible Secondary Institution
- Checklist for Transfer of Funds to a Non-Eligible Secondary Institution (CIHR and SSHRC)
- New Tri-Agency Guide on Financial Administration in effect April 1, 2020
- Tri-Agency Financial Administration Guide (Effective July 2017)
- Quarterly Fund Management checklist