For the Fall 2020 semester,
- your UNBC Student ID is used as a Residence & Room key card only, and
- your UNBC U-Pass sticker gives you access to Prince George Transit & Aquatic Centre.
The following On Campus Services no longer need to see your UNBC Student ID card:
- UNBC Library,
- Northern Sport Centre,
- Papercut (for self-serve printing/copying on campus),
- BCC (Bookstore / Copy Centre).
New and Replacement Cards
For the Fall 2020 semester, UNBC will only be issuing new and replacement Student ID cards to students that meet at least one of the following categories:
- are registered for in-person courses and labs at our campuses, or
- living in residence during the Fall 2020 term, or
- have been charged the U-Pass fee on their student account for the Fall 2020 term.
To obtain your student ID card, please email a digital photo of yourself, and make sure it meets all the specifications and guidelines below:
- Colour digital photograph
- Must show your whole head and the tops of your shoulders
- Plain white background
- Head coverings (e.g. hats, headphones or masks) are not allowed unless worn for religious beliefs or medical reasons
- Eyes are clearly visible, with no red eye
- Sunglasses may not be worn, but glasses are okay as long as your eyes are clearly visible
- Smiling is allowed!
- Photograph must reflect current appearance
- Photograph must not be altered in any way, but may be cropped prior to submission
- .jpg format
- Photograph sized at least 300 x 370 pixels at 300dpi
- Photo file is no larger than 6 MB
- Photo must be sent as an attachment, along with your student name and number, via your UNBC email account to: email@example.com
Please allow 1-2 business days for the creation & printing of your UNBC Student ID card.
You may pick up your UNBC Student ID card in person at the Cashier Office commencing August 31, 2020, and you must present government issued photo ID (i.e. driver’s license, passport) in order to receive it from us.
All Other UNBC Students
For all other UNBC students, we will resume issuing Student ID cards when other in-person classes can return. Please email a digital photo of yourself that meets the specifications and guidelines listed above, to help us prepare for card issuance time.
International Student ID Card from the Canadian Federation of Students
In the mean time if you require student ID, you may obtain an International Student Identity Card. This card is available to full-time students for free as a benefit of membership to the Canadian Federation of Students. Members can order a free ISIC online at https://cfs-fcee.ca/services/#ISIC or by visiting your student union office (for Undergraduate students: NUGSS is located in the NUSC Building, office # 6-730; for Graduate students: NBCGSS is located on Student Success Street office # 7-168.