What Can You Do With an ORTM Degree?
The Nature-Based Tourism Degree and the Outdoor Recreation and Conservation Degree will prepare you for a great career, in Canada and overseas. The fields of recreation and tourism have amazing diversity. Federal, provincial/state and municipal governments, quasi-public agencies such as YMCA and Girl Scouts, industry or employee services, cultural arts, university/college teaching, private/commercial/tourism operations are all potential employers.
Opportunities for employment in the recreation, parks and tourism services field are broad and diverse. Since recreation and tourism depends upon individual attitudes, resources, financial capabilities, and educational awareness, career opportunities are as numerous as human interests and needs.
Current Job Postings (seasonal and full time)
- Guide to Green Careers http://www.learnhowtobecome.org/green-careers/
- Tribune Bay -- Outdoor Education Centre Manager (Hornby Island)
- Mt. Robson -- Area Supervisor
- Bowron Lake Provincial Park -- 3 park operator positions
- Sea to Sky Parks . Jobs posted as they become available.
- Algonquin Adventure Tours -- 3 positions.
- Spirit Bear Lodge -- General Manager. Jan. 30th 2017 closing.
- Discovery Yukon Lodgings -- 2 positions.
- Gordon Bay Prov. Campground -- various positions.
- Mt. Robson/Fraser Ft. George area -- approx. 30 positions in a variety of parks.
- Peace Region -- campground attendant(s)
- Cariboo Region -- various positions.
- West Kootenay Parks --- positions to be posted Feb. 1st.
- Educo Adventure School -- Executive Director. Closes 30 Sept 2016. See:
- Spinal Cord Injury BC -- 16 positions, June - October 2016
- Nakista Winter Sports School - various positions for 2016/17 winter
- Northern BC Tourism Association -- part time summer employment
- YOUTH LEADERSHIP PROGRAM -- Take Back The Wild: Marine Planning in the Great Bear Sea. See TBTW poster and application form.
- Parks Canada -- Student Employment opportunities: http://www.pc.gc.ca/eng/agen/empl/empl04.aspx
- Parks Canada -- Mountain National Parks jobs:
- Western Canoeing & Kayaking (Abbotsford) -- Ass't Buyer/Sales and Sales
- Educo Adventure School - various positions
- The Boundless School
- Strathcona Park Lodge -- various positions, closing dates
- .Knight Inlet Lodge -- guide
2015 Job Listings
- Ministry of Forests -- Prince George recreation technician
- Blachford Lake Lodge -- 3 positions -- Office Manager (full-time) & Office Mgr Asst. & Lodge Mgr Asst.
- Rocky Point Kayak
- EDUCO - Course Leader
- EDUCO - Course Instructor
- Gyyde.com - Tourism App Developer studentopportunity.pdf
- Fort Babine Lodge - Lodge Manager
- Clayoquot Wilderness Resort -- guiding staff
2014 Job Listings
- Discovery Yukon - Ecotourism Assistant discovery_yukon.pdf
- NOLS Yukon yk-equip_coordinator_2014.docx
- NOLS Yukon yk-intern_2014.docx
- NOLS Yukon yk-rationscoordinator_2014.docx
Tourism /Adventure Businesses
Canadian Outback Adventures and Events
Canadian Search Sites
BC Government Jobs
BC Parks Jobs
Canadian Government Jobs
Canadian Heritage Website
Canadian International Development Agency
Canadian Tourism Jobs
Go2: The Resource for people in tourism
Guest Ranches in BC
Heritage Interpretation Jobs, Natural and Cultural History Jobs, Environmental Education Jobs and Ecotourism Jobs
International Youth Programs
Ontario Government Jobs
Public Service Commission of Canada
Tourism BC Jobs
Young Canada Works
US Search Sites
Association for Experiential Education
Association for Environmental and Outdoor Education
American Zoological and Aquarium Association
Colorado Parks and Recreation Association
Environmental Careers Organization
Idaho State Parks and Recreation
National Recreation and Park Association
Orion Grassroots Network
U.S. National Park Service Careers
International Search Sites