Awards and Financial Aid helps students obtain the funds necessary to finance their UNBC education and to provide educational budgeting services. Funds may be obtained from a variety of sources, including government and bank loans, private, corporate, and public scholarships and bursaries, and UNBC awards.
2017-2018 Awards Competition - CLOSED
- If you missed applying by March 1, 2017 for the 2017-2018 Awards Competition: There will be a small Fall 2017 Awards Competition in mid-September 2017 for any awards that are not taken over the summer and/or for any new awards that have a September 2017 Semester/January 2018 Semester disbursement. Stay tuned to your Student Online Services / Financial Aid / Award Application portal for when the Fall 2017 Awards Competition opens in mid-September via www.unbc.ca/current-students.
- For those that applied by the March 1, 2017 Deadline: Depending on acceptances and declines, multiple rounds of award offers may be sent. Applicants who applied in the above competition should ensure their mailing address is kept up-to-date (address changes can be done via your Student Online Services portal via www.unbc.ca/current-students ). Students are given a three-week window from mail being sent to respond to award offers - if no response then awards are reallocated.
Graduate Entrance Award Competitions
- GES & GERA Competition for January 2018 Semester Entry - CLOSED (Applicants will be emailed in mid-to-late July 2017 regarding the competition results)
- GES & GERA Competition for May 2018 Semester & September 2018 Semester Entries - OPEN until December 15th, 2017.
- UNBC Scholars
- Early Entrance Awards
- Entrance Awards
- In-Course Undergraduate Awards
- General Awards
- Awards for Aboriginal Students
- Awards For International Applicants
- Awards for Regional & Residents of Northern BC
- Awards for Students with Disabilities
- Affiliation Awards
- Graduate Awards
- Dean/Graduate Program's Awards
- Nordic Sport Leadership Awards & Canada Winter Games Tuition Credit