The School of Business is recognized for our enduring commitment to teaching and research excellence and focus on issues confronting Canadian business and society. We help the communities and organizations of central and northern British Columbia to act on a world stage. Our graduates possess the confidence, determination, and capability to transform business.
- To enable our students to fulfill their potential through our commitment to teaching excellence and our focus on them as individuals.
- To develop the management knowledge and skills necessary to achieve prosperity and success in a changing and complex world.
- To advance knowledge and practice in business by supporting both theoretical and applied research.
- To strive toward building our society by fostering dialogue and cooperation with the leaders of its organizations and communities.
- That our dedication to teaching and research places our students at the forefront of management thought and action.
- That our classrooms are a forum for dialogue and respect for different perspectives.
- That social and cultural diversity of the North and of Canada are a source of enduring strength for our nation.
- We conduct ourselves in an ethical and professional manner in our relationships with students, colleagues, and members of our community.
- We believe in cooperative, harmonious, and respectful relationships within the School of Business and among the departments of the university.
- We are committed to building bridges to those we serve, including for-profit and not-for-profit organizations, First Nations, and the communities of central and northern British Columbia, Canada, and the World.