Fostering Business Leadership with a Global Vision in the North and Beyond
Welcome from the Chair
The UNBC School of Business has re-established its vision as “Fostering Business Leadership with a Global Vision in the North and Beyond” in 2015/16. We are now committed to putting this vision into practice in our teaching, research, and service.
We have been working on curriculum mapping to align our offerings with this vision, to continually improve our offerings, and to maintain our high quality of Business education. In addition, we are seeking more opportunities and options to reach out to northern and global communities through our undergraduate and graduate programs as well as research.
We believe that we help the communities and organizations of central and northern British Columbia to act on a world stage. Our graduates possess the confidence, determination, and capability to transform business.
We very much look forward to engaging and working with you.
Chair, School of Business
- To enable our students to fulfill their potential through our commitment to teaching excellence and our focus on them as individuals.
- To develop the management knowledge and skills necessary to achieve prosperity and success in a changing and complex world.
- To advance knowledge and practice in business by supporting both theoretical and applied research.
- To strive toward building our society by fostering dialogue and cooperation with the leaders of its organizations and communities.
- That our dedication to teaching and research places our students at the forefront of management thought and action.
- That our classrooms are a forum for dialogue and respect for different perspectives.
- That social and cultural diversity of the North and of Canada are a source of enduring strength for our nation.
- We conduct ourselves in an ethical and professional manner in our relationships with students, colleagues, and members of our community.
- We believe in cooperative, harmonious, and respectful relationships within the School of Business and among the departments of the university.
- We are committed to building bridges to those we serve, including for-profit and not-for-profit organizations, First Nations, and the communities of central and northern British Columbia, Canada, and the World.