Exchange Agreements for UNBC Students

Deadline: All forms are due 7 weeks prior to the start date of the course OR 1 week prior to the deadline for receipt of a completed form at the host institution. See note about Athabasca in the Western Deans section as the deadline is significantly earlier.


UNBC students may take coursework at other universities under two agreements. In British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba, students apply to take external coursework under the Western Deans Agreement. For all other provinces, students can take coursework via the Canadian University Graduate Transfer Agreement (CUGTA) provided the university is a member of the Canadian Associate of Graduate Schools (CAGS). The key difference between the two agreements is how tuition fees are assessed: