- Prince George
Heidi Dodenberg began teaching with UNBC's School of Nursing in 2014. She currently is a senior lab instructor teaching and coordinating in the nursing skills lab, pediatric clinical, and pediatric theory for year 3 nursing students. Heidi's nursing experiences began in the emergency room at Toronto East General. She then moved to Vancouver BC where she worked at St. Paul's Hospital on a respiratory and general medicine unit. After spending some time at St. Paul's, Heidi transferred to BC Children's Hospital where she spent the rest of her Vancouver time on a respiratory and cardiac medical unit. Near the end of 2013, Heidi's nursing journey brought her to Prince George BC. She currently works casually at UHNBC on the pediatric unit and in the NICU.
Heidi is working on a Master's in Nursing with UNBC in the thesis stream. Her research focus is on health literacy within pediatrics.
Research and Expertise
- Health Literacy
- Paediatric Research Topics
- Co-Reviewed Neurology chapter in 3rd Edition of Canadian Adaption of Maternity & Pediatric Nursing
- BSc - University of Victoria (Victoria, British Columbia, Canada)
- BScN - University of Toronto (Toronto, Ontario, Canada)
- MScN - University of Northern British Columbia (Prince George, British Columbia, Canada) - In Progress