Apply to be a Resident Assistant today!
What is an RA?
RA Applications will be up by the end of January. Please check back soon.
Resident Assistants (RAs) are the “front line” members of the Housing and Residence Life Team (RLT). Each RA plays an instrumental role in fostering a positive and safe living environment conducive to social interaction, academic success, and personal growth for everyone within the residence community. RAs attend weekly team meetings, are on-call on a rotational basis in both residences and must always uphold the policies and standards of UNBC Residence Life.
- Balance their academics, RAs responsibilities, social commitments, family etc.
- Communicate any major extra-curricular activities or other job commitments with their respective Residence Life Coordinator. RLT members should not take outside jobs that require them to work more than part-time hours.
- Organize and implement a variety of programs within the residence community
- Maintain an adequate presence in residence and within their floor community
- Attend Residence Council events during the year
- Fulfill other Housing administrative duties such as cheque requisitions, photocopying, program tracking and on-call documentation
- Maintain their professionalism both on and off campus
- Be creative and open to new ideas!
- Must be enrolled as a full-time student of the UNBC with a minimum cGPA of 2.5
- Must be in good academic and disciplinary standing with UNBC
- Must live in designated residence community throughout the duration of employment
- Must be available for dates of employment and attend all training sessions
- Must have or be willing to obtain a First Aid Certificate