Apply to be a Resident Assistant today!
What is an RA?
Resident Assistants (RAs) are the “front line” members of the Housing and Residence Life Team (RLT). Each RA plays an instrumental role in fostering a positive and safe living environment conducive to social interaction, academic success, and personal growth for everyone within the residence community. RAs attend weekly team meetings, are on-call on a rotational basis in both residences and must always uphold the policies and standards of UNBC Residence Life.
- Balance their academics, RAs responsibilities, social commitments, family etc.
- Communicate any major extra-curricular activities or other job commitments with their respective Residence Life Coordinator. RLT members should not take outside jobs that require them to work more than part-time hours.
- Organize and implement a variety of programs within the residence community
- Maintain an adequate presence in residence and within their floor community
- Attend Residence Council events during the year
- Fulfill other Housing administrative duties such as cheque requisitions, photocopying, program tracking and on-call documentation
- Maintain their professionalism both on and off campus
- Be creative and open to new ideas!
- Must be enrolled as a full-time student of the UNBC with a minimum cGPA of 2.5
- Must be in good academic and disciplinary standing with UNBC
- Must have at least one year of experience living in Residence
- Must live in designated residence community throughout the duration of employment
- Must be available for dates of employment and attend all training sessions
- Must have or be willing to obtain a First Aid Certificate
Important Hiring Dates
- RLT Information Session: January 16th (9:30am-11:30am) & January 17th (4:30pm-6:00pm). Both sessions will be hosted in the Neyoh Lobby.
- Application Due: January 19th at 4:30pm
- Carousel Interview: February 4th, 9am-12pm in the Library Building
- Personal Interviews: January 24-31st (time and location to be announced)
- Hiring Decision: February 26th (offer letters sent out by 4:30pm)
Other Important Dates
- Residence Life Staff New Team Orientation: date to be announced (mid-March)
- UNBC RLT Training Week: late August 2017 (exact dates to be announced)
- Note: all RLT members are to abstain from consuming alcohol during the RLT Training Week and UNBC Orientation.
- UNBC Residence Move-In Day: September 2, 2018
- UNBC Residence Orientation: date to be announced
Both the application and reference form are due at January 19, 2018 at 4:30pm