Raven's Nest is home to pre-school and part-time care for children between the ages of 3 and 5.
For almost twenty years, Raven’s Nest preschool has been providing a warm, nurturing and safe environment where children learn to respect themselves, others, and the environment. Raven’s Nest programming is designed for cooperative play, providing a balance between active and quiet times.
There are eight full day spaces within this program and twelve pre-school spaces managed by two certified Early Childhood Educators.
Daily activities include:
- Unstructured art that focuses on the process, not the product.
- Sensory play using items such as cornmeal and play doh.
- Dramatic play opportunities with costumes and props.
- Manipulative/construction toys such as pegboards.
- Gross motor play using balls, tricycles indoors and the great outdoors!
- Circle and story times circle where the children can sing, dance and tell stories.
Two Half Days per Week
Tuesday & Thursday | 9:00am - 11:30am or 12:45pm - 3:15pm
We have spots available in the afternoon program. Please contact us for details.
Three Half Days per Week
Monday, Wednesday & Friday | 9:00am - 11:30am
Three Full Days per Week
Monday, Wednesday & Friday | 8:15am - 5:00pm
While UNBC Childcare is currently full, recommend you apply early where you will be placed on a waiting list.