Porcupine Pals is licensed for 25, all day spaces for toddlers between the ages of 3 - 5.
UNBC Childcare philosophy believes that children learn best through play and this serves as the foundation of our daily programs. Children choose activities that interest them from our staff's carefully selected subjects.
The room is set up each day to stimulate curiosity, encourage problem solving and social interaction. Most importantly the children must have fun!
► Morning activities include Circle Time, Outdoor Play and lunch.
► Afternoon activities offer Storytime, Nap Time and Indoor/Outdoor Play depending on the weather.
- Unstructured art that focuses on the process not the product.
- Sensory Play with items such as sand and water.
- Gross motor play with tricycles, balls and campus walks.
- Dramatic play that encourages imaginative dress-up.
- Manipulative/construction toys such as blocks and puzzles.
- Circle and story times with puppets, singing and science.
While UNBC Childcare is currently full, we recommend you apply early where you will be placed on a waiting list.