ITS Change Notification – Sending to Email Lists via lists.unbc.ca
On July 18, the IT department is implementing a widespread change that will directly impact how users send emails to UNBC Mailing Lists. The update will help to improve reliability by decreasing the likelihood of mail flow interruptions.
Example of Change:
- Currently, UNBC Mailing list addresses look like this: email@example.com.
- Following the update, list addresses will look like this: firstname.lastname@example.org.
As a result of these changes, list owners and employees who send to email lists will be required to complete the following steps:
- Update any Outlook contacts that may contain outdated list email addresses
- Remove existing auto-completed Outlook entries by clicking X on each entry
- Update all devices where your email is setup
- Recreate any Outlook rules you have set on all devices
Please note that the management of email lists has not changed and is still accessed by visiting lists.unbc.ca.
Thank you for your assistance while we keep our systems maintained and secure. If you have any questions regarding the updates to the UNBC Mailing Lists please contact the IT Service Desk using the information below.
IT Service Desk Contact Information
- Location: Prince George Campus (Room 8-265)
- Phone: 250-960-5321
- Toll-free: 866-960-5321
- Fax: 250-960-6471
- Email: email@example.com