Financial Aid Resources

The Awards and Financial Aid Office helps students obtain funds to finance their UNBC education and provides educational budgeting services. Funds may be obtained from a variety of sources, including: government and bank loans, private, corporate, and public scholarships and bursaries, and UNBC a​wards.

Graduate Students

Teaching Assistantships

Many graduate students receive all or part of their financial support through Teaching Assistantships. This support requires the graduate student to be involved in instruction and/or marking, and they are not guaranteed to any student. Minimum grade standards must be met, and the awards are made available, in part, in response to instructional needs within Program areas.

Applicants within the College of Science & Management (specifically: Natural Resources & Environmental Studies - NRES Programs, and Mathematical, Computer, Physical, & Molecular Sciences - MCPMS Programs) must submit a Teaching Assistant (TA) Form along with their application materials.  Students already accepted within the above programs must submit a TA Form and apply for a Teaching Assistantship each semester. 

Applicants within the College of Arts, Social & Health Sciences (all other programs) should contact the Graduate Program Chair (or their prospective Supervisor) for their particular program in order to determine if there are Teaching Assistantship positions available and what the application process is.  You can find Program Chair contact information for each program through Graduate Degrees.