Awards and Financial Aid helps students obtain the funds necessary to finance their UNBC education and to provide educational budgeting services. Funds may be obtained from a variety of sources, including government and bank loans, private, corporate, and public scholarships and bursaries, and UNBC awards.
2018-2019 UNBC Award Competition - Closed
The 2018-2019 UNBC Award Competition is now closed (deadline for online award applications was March 1, 2018).
Students who applied for awards by the March 1st deadline should monitor their mail/email* as award offers will start to go out as follows, and will continue going out over the summer months:
- Entrance Awards - mid-April
- In-Course Undergraduate 2nd to 4th Year Awards - June
- General Awards - June
- Graduate Awards - late May
* Ensure that your mailing address is up-to-date via your MyUNBC Student Online Services portal, AND ensure you monitor your UNBC email over the summer months.
Small Fall 2018 Awards Competition
A small Fall 2018 Awards Competition will be held in mid-September so that those that missed the 2018-2019 UNBC Awards Competition can apply at that time for any awards not taken over the summer and/or for any new awards that have been created for September 2018 and January 2019 disbursement. Once you have been offered admission, stay tuned to your www.unbc.ca/ MyUNBC portal as that is where you will find the link for this awards competition once it opens in mid-September 2018.
Graduate Entrance Award Competitions
- GES & GERA Competition for May 2018 Semester & September 2018 Semester Entries - CLOSED.
- GES & GERA Competition for January 2019 Semester Entry - OPEN until May 1, 2018.
- UNBC Scholars
- Early Entrance Awards
- Entrance Awards
- In-Course Undergraduate Awards
- General Awards
- Awards for Aboriginal Applicants & Students
- Awards for International Applicants & Students
- Awards for Regional & Residents of Northern BC
- Awards for Students With Disabilities
- Affiliation Awards
- Graduate Awards
- Dean/Graduate Program's Awards
- Nordic Sport Leadership Awards & Canada Winter Games Tuition Credit