In order for students to receive exam accommodations, each exam must be booked through the Access Resource Centre (ARC).
- To book an exam with accommodations, students will need to oversee the completion and submission of an Exam Access and Accommodation Agreement form.
- Students are required to follow the process outlined in Article 2.0 Examination Scheduling Requirements as well as abide by UNBC's Regulations and Policies regarding conduct in examinations.
- Completed exam forms for midterms and quizzes must be submitted at least one week before the examination invigilation date. Failure to book midterms or quizzes without one week's notice may result in exam accommodations being unavailable.
- The deadline for booking Fall and Winter final exams is no later than two weeks prior to the first day of the final exam period. Failure to book final exams by this deadline may result in exam accommodations being unavailable.
- Invigilation of exams will be in accordance with the student's signed General Access and Accommodation Agreement (GAAA) letter (exceptions must be approved by ARC staff and/or Instructors).
If you require assistance with booking your exams, please contact the ARC and one of our staff will be happy to guide you through the process.
Exam seating times at ARC:
- Midterm exams
- Must be agreed upon with your Instructor(s) and approved by ARC staff.
- Must be written during regular office hours (8:30 a.m.- 4:30 p.m.).
- Final exams
- General seating times are 9:00 am, 1:30 pm or 4:30 pm. Please arrive 10 minutes early to ensure you start on time.
- During the Fall and Winter final exam period, the ARC is open from 8:30 am - 9:00 pm, Monday to Saturday.
- Final exams during the Spring/Summer are written during regular office hours.
Academic dishonesty is a serious offence. All University students are expected to be informed as to what constitutes cheating. Refer to the University Calendar's Regulations and Policies regarding Academic Offenses and Procedures on Suspicion of an Academic Offence.
* Exam accommodations are for approved registered students only.