Environmental Studies at UNBC is unique in comparison with other universities in Canada. We have helped students add to their knowledge and skills to be effective as environmental citizens since 1993.
We offer three degrees to build different expertise and create different opportunities for our students:
- BA Major in Environmental Studies
- BA Joint Major in English and Environmental Studies
- BA Joint Major in Environmental Studies and Political Science
If you want to study the environment, do so in a spectacular natural environment. Five minutes from any classroom are miles of trails through evergreen and mixedwood forests for hiking and winter sports, two rivers converge in our city and wildlife wander the campus. We are also situated between the Rocky Mountains and the Coastal Mountains, both of which are a short drive from campus. If you love outdoor activities this is the place to come and study and explore.
Our Environmental Studies degrees have many advantages.
- We are a small, student friendly program.
- Many classes have less than 30 students.
- You’ll get to know your professors and not be lost in a crowd.
- You’ll work with professors who love their fields of expertise, are nationally and internationally recognized experts and who bring their enthusiasm into the classroom.
Further, you will be able to practice what you learn at UNBC, as we are a very environmentally active community. Perhaps most importantly, where else can you study the natural environment in a spectacular natural environment?
Environmental Studies at UNBC. Great faculty, great classes, in a great environment. Hope to see you soon.