Reclamation is an essential part of sustainability in any natural resource industry and/or development, from mining to road construction. This three week reclamation course presents several concepts to provide a comprehensive introduction and applied overview of reclamation techniques, technologies, and biological relationships. This course focuses on reclamation practices in the following industries: Oil and gas, mining, forestry, agriculture, fisheries, recreation, urban, linear development, pipelines, roads and highways, transmission and distribution lines. Each day of the module-based course is a building block for subsequent days, with a balance between classroom and field. The program will finish with a day- long field trip to a past or current mining site.
- Discover introductory knowledge to reclamation and restoration
- Examine soil, vegetation, wildlife, and ecosystems
- Conduct reclamation planning and recommendations
- Examine and conduct reclamation processes and remediation
- Discover reclamation techniques and technologies
- Practice monitoring methods
This three week program targets those individuals looking for the skills and knowledge to obtain employment on one of the many reclamation projects occurring throughout B.C.