The Centre for Teaching, Learning and Technology (CTLT) is committed to supporting the teaching and learning community at UNBC. We are dedicated to helping faculty, staff and graduate students in achieving their goal of delivering the best possible learning experience for students. We are also committed to facilitating and encouraging the development of teaching excellence. The Centre offers a range of programs and services designed to enhance the practice and scholarship of teaching and learning at UNBC. Areas in which support is provided include instructional technology, instructional design consultation, workshops and conferences, advocacy for teaching excellence, and professional development and mentoring.
Continuity of Teaching and Learning During COVID-19
Above all, we recommend that instructors:
- Clearly label and organize course resources.
- Use Announcements to effectively communicate updates to students.
- Avoid livestreaming/web-conferencing lectures if possible.
- Students are coping with high levels of uncertainty and any required attendence of web-conferenced lectures will likely create further complications for many. If you need to make your lectures available, please consider using the lecture capture features in learn.unbc.ca. Providing your lectures in this manner will allow students to access your content on-demand.
- Web-conference platforms are globally shared services that will be experiencing increased demand across institutions and this may result in decreased performance.
- Please consider using web-conferencing for scheduled office hours to connect with students