Roger Wheate, Ph.D.
University of St. Andrews (Ph.D.)
University of St. Andrews (Ph.D.)
- Forsythe, W.K. and Wheate, R.D., 2003. Utilization of Landsat TM and digital
elevation data for the delineation of avalanche slopes in Yoho National Park
(Canada). Transactions in Geosciences and Remote Sensing, 41, 11,
- Wheate, 2003. Relief depiction on Canadian Topographic Map Series in the
twentieth century, Geomatica, 57, 2, 165-176. Johnson, C.J., Alexander, N.D.,
Wheate, R.D. and Parker, K.L., 2003. Characterizing woodland caribou habitat in
sub-boreal and boreal forests. Forest Ecology and Management, 180,
- Wheate, R.D., Sidjak, R.D. and Whyte, G.T., 2002. Mapping glaciers in the
Interior Ranges and Rocky Mountains with Landsat data in Satellite Image Atlas
of Glaciers of the World, United States Geological Survey Professional paper
1386-J, pages J100-105. Edited by R.S.Williams, Jr. and Ferrigno, J.G.. US
Government Printing Office, Washington. [Book - invited section]
- Wheate, R.D., Alexander, N.D., Fisher, M.G. and Mouafo, D.D., 2001. A brief
history of mountain cartography in Canada. Cartographica, 38, 1/2,
- Sidjak, R.W. and Wheate, R.D., 1999. Glacier mapping of the Illecillewaet
Icefield, British Columbia, Canada, using Landsat TM and digital elevation data,
International Journal of Remote Sensing, Vol 20, No.2, 273-284.
- Wheate, R.D. 1996. Compensating for topographic information in satellite
imagery. Unpublished Ph.D thesis, Uniersity of St. Andrews.
- R.D.Wheate, 1996. Re-examining the cartographic depiction of topography, in
Modern cartography: practical and theoretical perspectives, editors: C.P.Keller
and C.H.Wood, Wiley and Sons. [Book - invited chapter]
- Franklin, S.E., Lodwick, G.D. and Wheate, R.D., 1990. Research related to
Digital Remote Sensing of Mountain Areas at the University of Calgary, Canadian
Journal of Remote Sensing, Volume 15, No.1, 50-54.
- H.W. Castner and R.D.Wheate, "Re-assessing the role played by shaded relief
on topographic scale maps", The Cartographic Journal, Dec 1979, p
- R.D.Wheate and G.D.Lodwick, "Edge enhancement techniques for digital remote
sensing images", Proceedings of the Harvard Computer Graphics Conference,
Aug.1983, Vol 2, p1-24.
- S.E.Franklin, G.D.Lodwick and R.D.Wheate, "Research related to Digital
Remote Sensing of Mountain Areas at the University of Calgary", Canadian
Journal of Remote Sensing, 1990, Volume 15, No.1, p 50-54.
- R.D.Wheate and S.E.Franklin, "Principal Component Transformation of
Satellite Imagery in Mountain Areas", Proceedings of the 14th Canadian
Symposium on Remote Sensing, 1991, p452-456.
- M.R.C.Coulson, M.K.Rieger and R.D.Wheate, "Progress in Creating Tactile Maps
from Geographic Information Systems (G.I.S.) Output", Proceedings of the 15th
Conference of the International Cartographic Association, "Mapping the
Nations", Bournemouth, U.K., September 1991, p 167-174.
- W.K.Forsythe, R.D.Wheate and N.M.Waters, "Mapping avalanche slopes from
satellite data in Yoho National Park, B.C. ", Proceedings of the Canadian
Remote Sensing Symposium, 1995.
- R.D.Wheate, "GIS at the University of Northern British Columbia", GIS
World Canada, Feb 1996.
- R.D.Wheate, "Re-examining the cartographic depiction of topography", in Modern cartography: practical and theoretical perspectives, editors
C.P.Keller and C.H.Wood, Wiley, 1996.
- Sidjak, R.W. and Wheate, R.D., "Glacier mapping and inventory of the Illecillewaet Icefield, Glacier Park, B.C." Proceedings of the Fourth Circumpolar Symposium on Remote Sensing of the Polar Environment, Lyngby, Denmark 1996 (also in review, International Journal of Remote Sensing). 1-16.