Behind the Scenes: A Peek into Medicine
Become a (Mini) Med student this fall! If you have ever wondered what it’s like to go to medical school, this is your opportunity!
The Northern Medical Program (NMP) is hosting a six-week Mini Med School series this fall for the general public. NMP faculty members will be presenting on a variety of health information that spans across different aspects of medicine.
Mini Med School is an innovative and entertaining series of lectures and hands-on activities relating to medicine and health. It’s “just like going to medical school”, but without the long hours and hard work! Come and explore the connections between basic science, clinical medicine, and the patient experience.
Come learn about:
- How doctors arrive at a diagnosis
- How to effectively find health information online
- The HPV vaccine – what’s the latest? (in boys and girls)
- How bones heal
- How ER staff deal with major trauma situations
- Treating cancer - an inside look at radiation therapy
- The science behind diabetes
Join us on Wednesday evenings from October 11 to November 15, 2017, 6:30 pm to 8:30 pm, at the Dr. Donald Rix Northern Health Sciences Centre at UNBC.
Please note: Participants under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult who is also registered to attend.