Nationality: Indian (Punjab)
Master’s in Science (Chemistry), UNBC, Prince George, Canada (2019 Sept. – Present)
Master’s of Science (Hons. School), Chemistry, Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar, India (2015-2017).
Bachelor’s of Science (Hons. School), Chemistry, Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar, India (2012-2015)
Masters Research Project (Duration: January 2020 – Present), UNBC, Canada.
My research project is to synthesize nanomaterials like Metal Organic Frameworks (MOFs) for Catalysis, Drug Delivery and CO2 capturing from contaminated water.
Masters Research Project (Duration: July 2016 - June 2017), GNDU, India.
Title - Peptides based mimetics of Arachidonic acid that can act as anti-inflammatory drugs.
Kaur, B.; Kaur, N.; Garg, S.; Bhatti, R.; Singh, P. Engineered substrate for cyclooxygenase-2: A pentapeptide isoconformational to Arachidonic acid for managing inflammation. J. Med. Chem. 2019, 62, 6363-6376.
- M.Sc. in Natural Resources and Environmental Studies – Environmental Science at the University of Northern British Columbia, Prince George, BC, Canada (September 2018 – Present)
- Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) in Chemical Engineering, Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology, Dhaka, Bangladesh (2013-2017)
- Master’s student in Natural Resources and Environmental Studies – Environmental Science at the University of Northern British Columbia, BC, Canada (September 2019 – Present)
- Master’s Degree in Chemical Engineering from Tarbiat Modares University, Tehran, Iran (2011-2013)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical Engineering from Shiraz University, Shiraz, Iran (2006-2011)
Bachelor's of Science (B.Sc.) in Chemistry, University of Northern British Columbia, Prince George, BC, Canada (2015-2020)
Co-op work term with NALS (2019)
International exchange with a focus on Analytical and Environmental Chemistry, Umeå University, Umeå, Sweden (2017-2018)
Current Research: Quantification of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs) and metals in air born particulate matter (PM10) and road dust in Prince George, BC.
International Visitor student at University of Northern British Columbia
Ph.D. in Soil Chemistry at University of Tehran, Tehran, Iran
Masters in Soil Chemistry, University of Tehran, Tehran, Iran
Bachelor of Science at University of Shahid Bahonar, Kerman, Iran
- Master’s Degree in Chemistry at University of Northern British Columbia, BC, Canada (September 2019 – Present)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry Honors form Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar, Punjab, India (2016 -2019)
- Conversion of 3D Metal Organic Frameworks (MOF’s) to 2D MOF’s to increase its properties.
- Application of 2D Metal Organic Frameworks in CO2 gas adsorption.
B.Sc. in Biology from the University of Northern B.C. (2015)
M.Sc. in Natural Resources and Environmental Science (current)
Currently employed at Bureau Veritas as a Lab Analyst (Vancouver)
B.Eng, Applied Chemistry at Toyo University (2003 - 2007)
M.Eng Biological Applied Chemistry (2007 - 2009)
MSc. NRES Environmental Science (2017 - 2019)
Master of Science (M.Sc.): Natural Resources and Environment Studies (NRES)
Current, Prince George, BC, Canada. University of Northern British Columbia.
Proposed Research: Air pollution in the City of Prince George: Chemical Analysis
of Air Born of Particulate Matter (PM2.5).
Details: To measure particulate matter (PM2.5) and as one class of air pollutants, at
the Prince George (PG) neighborhood in warm and cold seasons.
Master of Science (M.Sc.): Chemical Engineering-Polymer Engineering
Proposed Research: (2013-2016)
Comparison of corrosion resistance of fibreglass/epoxy and fibreglass/polyester
composite pipes for application in natural gas transportation.
Details: Two types’ composites, fibreglass/epoxy and fibreglass/polyester were
compared for possible application to natural gas pipelines.
Karaj Azad University, Karaj, Tehran, Iran - Master of Science, Chemistry, Analytical chemistry, 2010- 2012
Islamic Azad University, Saveh, Iran - Bachelor of Science, Applied Chemistry, 2004- 2008
Modified biosensor electrode by Polyanilin/MWCNT nanocomposite for urea analysis.( MSc Thesis)
Separation of different drugs with Thin-Layer Chromatography (TLC) (as a final project)
University of Northern British Columbia - Mitacs Research Intern - Environmental Science (Summer 2018)
Soochow University (CN) - BEng - BE - Materials Engineering
University of Chicago - PhD in Molecular Engineering (2019 - 2024)