- Explain the basics of fire science
- Give input on fire safety program and training development based on an understanding of fire science and fire suppression basics
- Understand BC's wildfire detection and reporting processes, including how wildland fire behaviour is measured and described
- Describe fire line organization and how it relates to fire line safety
- Summarize safe work practices for different operations, tools, and equipment used on British Columbia’s fire lines
This course is one of 10 courses that make up the Occupational Health & Safety Online Certificate for Practitioners (OH&S). Students have the option to enrol in individual courses without having to complete the OH&S Certificate.