The Business Communication course provides basic skills in written and oral business communication. It also covers how to effectively organize and deliver written and oral-presented business reports.
Topics include: Communication skills; identify your personal communication style; understand individual differences and similarities; improve business-writing process including emails, memos, letters, and other daily writing.
- Understand the importance of becoming an effective business communicator in today’s changing workplace
- Identify personal styles and preferred methods of communicating
- Explain professionalism in the workplace
- Create a variety of business documents using appropriate format, tone, and style
- Examine the traditional formats of memos and letters for business correspondence
- Explain the pros and cons of e-mail and how to use it professionally
- Develop a conversational tone and use positive and courteous language
- Revise messages to achieve conciseness, clarity, and impact
- Revise messages to achieve visual persuasiveness
- Describe effective techniques for proof-reading documents
- How to deal with negative situations quickly and appropriately