The Administrative Assistant Professional Certificate program provides students with the education they need to earn their Certified Administrative Professional (CAP®) designation. The CAP® designation is an industry recognized professional certification for the office and administrative profession, which encompasses all areas of today’s office support roles and responsibilities.
By taking the Administrative Assistant Professional Certificate, you will develop the skill set to work as an office and administrative professional, while earning the required knowledge to take your CAP® exam and earn your CAP® designation.
Program topics include:
- Introduction Computing Systems in the Workplace
- Business Communications
- Time Management
- Meeting & Travel Planning
- Minute Taking
- Introduction to Project Management
- Basic Finance
- Record Management Fundamentals
The Administrative Assistant Professional Certificate program consists of eight courses that make up 12 classroom sessions that are completed over the course of 2 months. See below for the full schedule.
Students who successfully complete the certificate program with UNBC Continuing Studies will be prepared to sit for the CAP® exam through the International Association of Administrative Professionals (IAAP) when all the requirement are met. To learn more about the CAP® exam, visit https://www.iaap-hq.org/page/Certification.
*The CAP exam is based on information, skills, and goals within a profession, thus, no one source completely prepares an individual to sit for the CAP and guarantee a passing score.
1. Introduction to Computing Systems in the Workplace (Oct 5 & 6)
2. Business Communications (Oct. 19 & 20)
3. Time Management (Nov. 1)
4. Meeting & Travel Planning (Nov. 2)
5. Minute Taking (Nov. 3)
6. Introduction to Project Managment (Nov. 7)
7. Basic Finance (Nov. 23 & 24)
8. Record Management Fundamentals (Dec. 7 & 8)