The Administrative Assistant Professional Certificate program provides students with the education they need to earn their Certified Administrative Professional (CAP®) designation. The CAP® designation is an industry recognized professional certification for the office and administrative profession, which encompasses all areas of today’s office support roles and responsibilities. By taking the Administrative Assistant Professional Certificate, you will develop the skill set to work as an office and administrative professional, while earning the required knowledge to take your CAP® exam and earn your CAP® designation.
This program consists of eight courses that make up 13 classroom sessions, which students complete over the course of 3 months.
Program modules are as follows:
- Introduction to Computing Systems in the Workplace
- Business Communications
- Time Management
- Meeting & Travel Planning
- Minute Taking
- Financial Accounting Basics
- Human Resources Management Fundamentals
- Record Management Fundamentals
By completing this certificate, eligible students are able to sit for the CAP® exam through the International Association of Administrative Professionals (IAAP). To learn more about the CAP® exam, and additional requirements, visit https://www.iaap-hq.org/page/Certification.
*The CAP exam is based on information, skills, and goals within a profession, thus, no one source completely prepares an individual to sit for the CAP and guarantee a passing score.
- The cost of this program covers students' first-year membership to the IAAP, which offers significant discounts when applying for your CAP® exam, purchasing study materials, and access to various IAAP resources.
- 8 modules; offered in 6 block sessions
- Module 1 - Introduction to Computing Systems in the Workplace (Oct. 25 & 26)
- Module 2 - Financial Accounting Basics (Nov. 15 & 16)
- Module 3 - Business Communications (Nov. 29 & 30)
- Module 4 - Time Management (Dec. 5)
- Module 5 - Meeting & Travel Planning (Dec. 6)
- Module 6 - Minute Taking (Dec. 7)
- Module 7 - Human Resources Management Fundamentals (Jan. 10 & 11)
- Module 8 - Record Management Fundamentals (Jan. 24 & 25)