The Pacific Institute for Climate Solutions (PICS) is a knowledge network that brings together leading researchers from British Columbia (B.C.) and around the world to study the impacts of climate change and to develop approaches to mitigation and adaptation.
Created in 2008 with a major endowment from the B.C. Ministry of the Environment, PICS is hosted and led by the University of Victoria in collaboration with B.C.'s three other research-intensive universities: Simon Fraser University, the University of British Columbia and the University of Northern British Columbia.
PICS partners with governments, researchers, civil society and the private sector to:
- Understand the magnitude and patterns of climate change and its impacts;
- Evaluate the physical, economic and social implications;
- Assess mitigation and adaptation options and develop policy and business solutions;
- Evaluate and strengthen educational and capacity-building strategies to address climate change; and
- Communicate climate change issues to government, industry and the general public.
For any PICS related questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org.