Spring 2019 | April 29 - June 23
- Member registration opens Monday, April 15. Non-member opens Monday, April 22.
- No classes over the Easter Long Weekend (April 19 - 22), Victoria Day - Monday, May 20 and Friday, May 31 (UNBC Convocation).
Classes are open to all fitness levels - just do your best. Not sure about your physical ability to participate? Call our Program Coordinator at 250 960 5335 or speak with the instructor to discuss.
Classes are subject to instructor availability and can be cancelled at any time - review our Registration and Refund Policy. Programs on this page are for small groups. You can find more Registered programs here!
New runners and those thinking about adding running to their fitness routine are invited to register for this new program led by Laurie. Set up on our warm indoor track, participants will learn proper balance, strength and recuperation techniques that will set them up for running success. Assessing posture and other exercise tips will be shared before running “homework” is assigned! You must be 16+ to participate in this program.
10:00am - 10:55am
11:05am - 12:00pm
Learn the fundamentals of the basic weight lift in this small group program. Lon teaches Tuesday and James leads Thursday. head down to Zone 3 and learn to hone your squat, improve your press and increase your deadlift. By the end of the session, you will have a new confidence in lifting the heavier weights on your own! No previous weightlifting experience is required. You must be 16 + to participate in this program.
7:00pm - 7:55pm
7:00pm - 7:55pm
Do you have a solid fitness base but want that extra push in a weekly fitness routine? Join Laurie for ninety minutes of energizing and inspiring fitness that will challenge you! Youth 13 - 15 are permitted with parent/guardian in attendance/participating.
This class runs in May only.
Sunday 9:30am - 11:00am
This popular small group class led by our newest instructor James, will take the fear out of weight training by tackling myths and stereotypes. Learn the principles and training methods to be efficient and effective in the weight room and beyond. This is a very popular class - don't wait to register! You must be 16 + years old to participate.
4:30pm - 5:25pm
4:30pm - 5:25pm
- There are no refunds after the first class. Fees will be pro-rated and refunded for any cancelled programs. Prices do not include taxes.
- Register in person or call 250 960 6366.
- Class dates/time and instructors are subject to change at any time. The Northern Sport Centre reserves the right to limit enrolment or cancel programs.
- Refunds may be given up to five (5) days in advance of the first class. They will be subject to a $25.00 administration fee.
No refunds will be given on or after the program start date, except under the following conditions:
- Participant has a medical condition that does not allow them to safely continue participating in the program. A doctor’s note must be provided upon withdrawal from the program. All fees will be returned less any classes that ran;
- The program is cancelled by the Northern Sport Centre. All fees will be returned less any classes that ran;
- The program instructor feels that the participant cannot safely or adequately participate. All fees will be returned less any classes that ran.