We are pleased to announce that the Northern Sport Centre will re-open 5:30am, Monday, August 31, 2020.
Beginning at the entrance, you will notice a different facility. Our staff have been working very hard setting up the required Covid-19 physical distancing, cleanliness and minimal touch point protocols.
Some things to expect:
- Physical distancing cues
- Enhanced facility and equipment cleaning measures
- Additional hand sanitizers
- Single-use equipment cleaning supplies
- Closed change rooms
- Machines spaced to ensure physical distancing
- Smaller fitness classes
- Single direction traffic control
- The bottle refill fountain is open. The water fountains remain closed.
- Equipment loan and rental eg. basketballs, skipping ropes, stretch bands, racquets has been eliminated
Some of these measures are temporary. Some will be permanent. Masks are not currently required.
Programming is scheduled to resume Monday, September 14 and you can find the fitness schedules below. Recreation North activities are still being finalized.
As the Covid-19 situation evolves, so will our response. Your cooperation is key to the Northern Sport Centre’s successful re-open.
We are still accepting cash for payment but prefer debit or credit card to reduce touch points.
We will only accept 100% compliance. Members and users who fail to follow our guidelines will be asked to leave the facility and may not be welcome to return.