How to apply to ELS at UNBC

Applying to ELS at UNBC is a quick and easy process. Please review the instructions and fees, complete your ELS Application and send it to our offices with the required documents. Once we have received your application we will quickly process it and then send you a letter of acceptance. If you have any questions, please contact us at

For acceptance to the English Language Studies program, we require the following documents in full:

  • Completed ELS application form
  • ELS Application fee - $150.00 CAD
  • ELS semester deposit - $500.00 CAD
  • Copy of your passport photo page
  • Copies of any English Proficiency tests that you have taken (optional)
  • If you are applying for direct entry into the English Language Studies 50 (University) program, a TOEFL/IELTS score or equivalent must accompany the application package.

If you are also applying for conditional Acceptance to UNBC through the ELS program, please also include the following:

  • Completed UNBC Undergraduate Application form
  • Undergraduate Application fee when applying with transcripts that originate from an institution outside of Canada - $125.00 CAD
  • Undergraduate Application fee when applying with transcripts that come from a domestic institution - $35.70
  • Copies of official transcripts in English translation from all high school and post-secondary school attended

Official Transcripts will be required before entry to a UNBC Undergraduate program

Please email, fax or mail all of the documents to the following address:

UNBC English Language Studies
3333 University Way
Prince George, British Columbia
Canada V2N 4Z9
Fax: 1-250-960-5120

After You Apply to ELS

Once we receive your complete application, our goal is to issue your letters of acceptance within ten (10) business days. However, due to the volume of applications, it is not always possible to meet this standard. We appreciate your understanding on this matter.

Once your letters of acceptance have been issued, we will send you an electronic copy of your letters and then courier your official documents to your address in your home country. If you require a Temporary Resident Visa or Study permit, you will need to provide the nearest Canadian Embassy with copies of your letters. If you have any questions about immigration to Canada, please contact the nearest Canadian Embassy or Consulate.