Please review the following list of fees and policies before completing your application.
Note: All fees are in Canadian dollars.
Application Fees and Deposit
To receive your Letter of Acceptance for the English Language Studies program, please include the following non-refundable application fees with your Application form:
- $150.00 ELS Application fee
- $125.00 UNBC Undergraduate Application fee when applying with transcripts that originate from an institution outside of Canada (if applying for conditional acceptance to UNBC)
- $35.70 UNBC Undergraduate Application fee when applying with transcripts that come from a domestic institution (if applying for conditional acceptance to UNBC)
- $500.00 ELS semester deposit (this deposit will go towards the program fees of your first semester of study)
ELS 12 Week Program Fees
Program fees for each semester do not include textbooks, transportation costs, medical and dental costs, meals, accommodations or other living expenses.
- $3600.00 Program fees for ELS 10 through 40.
- $4850.00 Program fees for ELS 50 (University Bridge).
- All program fees are subject to change.
Note: There is an additional late payment charge of CAD $100 for current and prospective students if fees are not received at least five (5) weeks prior to the program start date. Sponsored students must show evidence of application for sponsorship to have the late payment charge waived.
Refund and Transfer Polices
The ELS program application fee, deposit and conditional acceptance fee are non-refundable.
It is the student’s responsibility to notify the International Education department of any changes in plans before the start of the program. Student wishing to withdraw from a program must provide in writing a brief explanation for the withdrawal to the IE department.
The following refund schedule applies to current and prospective students in both English Language Studies and University Bridging Program.
|Two (2) week before the first day of the term or session in which a student is registered.||100% of balance of fees*|
|One (1) week before the first day of the term or session in which a student is registered.||80% of balance of fees|
|After start of term or session||No refund|
*The balance of fees is the tuition minus the deposit for cancellation of a full session or a term and any applicable courier services.
|Start of Term||Payment Due date|
|April 16, 2018||March 12, 2018|
|September 4, 2018||July 31, 2018|
|January 2, 2019||November 28, 2018|
Refunds will be made to the person paying the fees. This may be a third party. Refunds are non-transferable.
When the Canadian Embassy rejects your visa application for a Study Permit, UNBC will refund the student CAD$500 deposit minus applicable service charges.
When a student’s visa is denied, the original application and remaining deposit can be moved to another term. Note: a CAD$100 transfer fee will be charged. Students must notify UNBC International Education of the cancellation or transfer in writing before the term starts. Students are only permitted to transfer to a future term once.
If the second visa application is denied, a refund on the remaining deposit will be made if requested.
There is an additional late payment charge of CAD$100 for current and prospective students if fees are not received at least five (5) weeks prior to the program start date. Sponsored students must show evidence of application for sponsorship to have the late payment charge waived.
Program Change / Cancellation Policy
- UNBC International Education reserves the right to change fees, schedules, and courses without notice, and to cancel courses if enrollment is insufficient.
- If a program is cancelled or rescheduled, the liability of UNBC International Education is limited to refund of the program fee or transfer to another program.
- UNBC International Education reserves the right to establish special regulations for admission to non-degree programs or courses.
Payment should be made payable to UNBC ELS Program. We accept payment in the form of international money order, bank wire, bank draft in Canadian funds, cheque in Canadian dollars drawn from a Canadian bank, or credit card payment. We accept Visa, MasterCard, and American Express. Payments will be processed before a letter of acceptance is sent to you. Please check with your credit card company first to ensure that international transactions can be processed.
For bank wire payments, please add an additional $25 processing fee and fax a copy of the bank wire to the English Language Studies program (1-250-960-5120).
Send bank wire to:
Bank of Montreal – Branch 741
1445 West Central St.
Prince George, BC
V2M 5S5 Canada
Swift Code: BOFMCAM2
Payee's Name: UNBC
Payee's Address: 3333 University Way, Prince George, BC V2N 4Z9 Canada
Please specify that the bank wire is for the “English Language Studies program” and write the student’s name on the document.