ITS is implementing a widespread change that will directly impact how users send emails to UNBC Mailing Lists.
This update will help to improve reliability by decreasing the likelihood of mail flow interruptions.
Effective Date: July 17, 2019
Example of Change
- Currently, UNBC Mailing list addresses look like this: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Following the update, UNBC Mailing List addresses will look like this: email@example.com
As a result of these changes, list owners and employees who send to email lists, will be required to complete the following steps:
- Update any Outlook contacts that may contain outdated list email addresses
- Remove existing auto-completed Outlook entries by clicking X on each entry
- Update all devices that access Outlook
- Recreate any Outlook rules you have previously set
Important: Please note that the management of email lists has not changed and is still accessed by visiting lists.unbc.ca.
Thank you for your assistance while we keep our systems maintained and secure. If you have any questions regarding the updates to the UNBC Mailing Lists, we encourage you to visit the IT Services website or contact the IT Service Desk using the information below.
Location: Prince George Campus - Room 8-265