New Employee Orientation
UNBC's Orientation program will help you understand the UNBC corporate culture, quickly integrated into your work environment, and meet other staff and faculty.
On your first day, someone from your department will meet you and orient you to your new environment.
Within your first three to six months, the Human Resources department will review the various handbooks, tours, and host information sessions with you.
Useful Contacts for Your First Days
- Computer Help Desk: Set up your computer account, email, software, etc.
- Cashier's Office: Get your employee card
- UNBC Library: Activate your employee card for library access
- Facilities Department: Pick up your office keys
- UNBC Parking: Get your parking pass
- Purchasing Department: Set up signing authority, procurement cards, learn the purchasing process, etc.
- Child Care Centre: Register your children for child care
- Recreation Organization: Join faculty and staff for social activities throughout the year
- Northern Sport Centre: Sign up for gym membership, fitness classes and more