The Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA), Northern Health (NH) and University of Northern BC (UNBC) entered into a Memorandum of Understanding on November 12, 2013 to collaborate in establishing a mutually beneficial research partnership for northern BC. The UNBC Health Research Institute (HRI) serves as the Secretariat to support PHSA, NH and UNBC in their commitment to enhance research collaboration between the three organizations.
This partnership is guided by the following principles:
- A collaborative relationship between researchers and knowledge users for the purposes of improving the quality of health services and improving population health.
- Mutual respect and acknowledgement of the skills and expertise each organization brings to the partnership.
- Attends to the needs and realities of northern BC in the overall context of BC.
- Builds capacity for partnered research and leaves a legacy of capacity across all three organizations.
- Builds research capacity in the North for the North.
- Creates a culture of learning.
Collaboration for Health Research In Northern BC Seed Grant Program
The goal of the Seed Grant Program is to enable researchers and knowledge users at PHSA, NH and UNBC to work in partnership and initiate new research projects that focus on improving the quality of health services and improving population health in northern BC.