This page provides information on the process and the necessary forms for defending a Comprehensive Exam at UNBC.
The Comprehensive Examination Request form must be submitted to the Office of Graduate Programs at least six (6) weeks prior to the date on which the student plans to write the exam.
- A checklist must be completed by the Office of Graduate Programs in conjunction with the Office of the Registrar in order to confirm that the student has completed all the necessary coursework.
- The student is responsible to be currently registered for the semester in which s/he is attempting to finish their degree requirements.
- The supervisor is responsible to ensure that the Committee has been approved on a Supervisory Committee Approval form (or Revision to Supervisory Committee form)
- Comprehensive examinations can be completed while other course work is still in progress; however, in no case shall the comprehensive examination grade (as per section 4.5.4 of the Graduate Calendar) be submitted until all outstanding course work has been graded.
- If you have not already done so, please complete an "Application for Graduation" form