Eligibility Criteria can be found on the funding description link below.
Applicants must submit the NSERC application through the NSERC portal by the deadline. Applicants, in addition to completing the NSERC application requirements, must also submit a one-page project summary and a letter of reference to the Office of Graduate Programs by the application deadline. The project summary and the reference letter will accompany the NSERC application materials in the adjudication process.
On the NSERC website:
Please note: Students must upload their own official transcripts to their application using NSERC's Online Services. A legend is only required if transcripts are from outside of UNBC. Students must retain hard copies of all official transcripts in case NSERC requests to see them at any time in the application process. NSERC USRA applications must be prepared using the NSERC Online Services by selecting Login to the System or Register as a New User.
2. Once Form 202 Part I is completed, you must provide your reference number to your proposed supervisor to enable him or her to complete Part II. Please ensure you leave enough time for your proposed supervisor to complete Form 202 Part II.
3. UNBC requires students to submit (by the March 2nd application deadline) a one-page project summary (written by the student) and a letter of reference (from the project supervisor or other faculty member). These can be submitted as harcopies to the Office of Graduate Programs or electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Academic Excellence (40%)
- Research Ability and Potential (40%)
- Expected Quality of the training to be received (20%)