Pulmonary Rehabilitation and Exercise Prescription: State of the Art and Science: The first day of this 1.5 day Vancouver based course will be distributed to Prince George and Fort St John on Saturday September 22, 2018. The full 1.5 day course is available in Vancouver only.
This course is open to physical therapists, respiratory therapists, nurses, physicians, exercise physiologists and pulmonary rehabilitation professionals.
Dr. Pat Camp, PT, PhD; Dr. Gail Dechman, PT, PhD; plus other guest speakers.
- A 1.5 day in-person course hosted in Vancouver with VC Distribution of course day 1 to Prince George & Fort St. John
- Participants will learn evidence-based assessment and treatment techniques using case studies, practical time and videos
Day 1 - September 22, 2018 (Vancouver, Prince George, Fort St. John)
8:30am - 4:30pm (check-in opens at 8am)
- Describe current pulmonary rehabilitation practices in Canada
- Apply the latest research advances in pulmonary rehabilitation
- Use the results of exercise testing to create evidence-based exercise prescriptions that address deficits in aerobic capacity, endurance & strength in people with chronic lung disease, including COPD& IPF
- Progress exercise according to the American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM) guidelines
Day 2 - September 23, 2018 (half day - Vancouver site only)
8:30 - 12:00pm (check-in opens at 8am)
- Administer field tests of aerobic capacity & strength for exercise prescription.
This course is offered with the generous support of the BC Lung Association.