Every year, the Inspiring Women Among Us (IWAU) award helps University of Northern British Columbia students who are facing financial obstacles in accessing a university education.
On April 21, the second edition of Wine, Women and Song is coming to the Prince George Playhouse. The fundraising concert features three powerhouse female vocalists: local musicians Britt A.M. and Amy Blanding, and headliner Andrea Superstein. In addition to the performances, a portion of the concert includes a unique, interactive element as members of the public will be able to participate in a mass choir sing-a-long of the song Quiet by Milck (with permission).
Proceeds from the concert will go towards strengthening the award so it can help more deserving students and inspire more next-generation leaders. To date, seven awards have been granted, and every year, a growing number of applications are received. Learn more about the award and its impact.
- Tickets are $55 in advance or $65 at the door.
- A limited number of discounted tickets are available for UNBC and College of New Caledonia students, for $45.
- Past recipients of the IWAU award will speak at the event and share their stories.
- Tickets include one glass of wine and locally produced chocolate nibbles from Ohh Chocolat Café
- Doors open at 6:30 p.m. on April 21 at the Prince George Playhouse. The show begins at 7 p.m.
In addition to the concert on April 21, there are two free events on April 20. The location of these events will be confirmed at a later date.
- At 4:30 p.m., Superstein, Blanding and Britt A.M., will host an hour-long meet and greet for youth aged 12-17 who are interested in pursuing a career in music.
- At 5:30 p.m. there will be a 90-minute mass choir practice for adults and teens who wish to participate in the mass choir sing-a-long at Wine, Women and Song (no talent needed!).