An Aboriginals Pre-Admissions Workshop will be hosted by UBC Faculty of Medicine from July 19-21, 2017 at the Northern Medical Program.
The 14th annual event will provide Aboriginal students with the necessary tools to be successful in their application process into and completing the undergraduate MD program. Workshop objectives include:
1) Provide information on prerequisites, course planning, admissions procedures, and preview of medical curriculum and post-graduate programs;
2) Lower apprehension about attending a medical program within a university setting;
3) Provide information on the availability of various student support services for Aboriginal medical students such as academic, personal and financial support;
4) Provide exercises on Medical College Admissions Test (MCAT) preparation, and mock interviews;
5) Speakers and presenters will include members from the Faculty of Medicine and other UBC programs.
There is no cost to attend the workshop. The workshop will cover accommodations and meals. Travel to/from the workshop will be the student’s responsibility.
DEADLINE TO APPLY: Monday, June 26, 2017