For Family and Friends
We know that sometimes loved ones can be a little less than forthcoming about the important details, which is why we have provided some information for reference. Also, check out the Guest FAQ for additional information.
Guest are encouraged to enjoy the festivities and are welcome to join their graduate at the Graduation Celebration.
Tickets & Seating
- Prince George ceremonies take place at the Charles Jago Northern Sport Centre (NSC)
- Printed tickets are required for all guests at NSC (except children under 3 who will be asked to sit on caretaker's lap)
- Each graduate is guaranteed four (4) guests
- A limited amount of additional tickets may become available later in May - limit two (2) per student, first come first served
- Tickets are unique and will be scanned for validation; any duplicates will be denied entry
- First come first served seating (mostly bleacher seating)
- Guests may line up one (1) hour prior to the start of the ceremony
- A family room is available for parents with small children
- Overflow seating to view the Live Feed will be available in the Canfor Lecture Theatre (6-213) for guests without tickets
- Accommodation seating is limited to those in need (and a companion, if required)
- Accessibility seating must be registered for online by the graduand; a max of two (2) accessibility tickets will be available and included in the total of four (4) tickets
- Elevator attendants are available for those requiring assistance
Prior to and after the Ceremony: There will be several areas, such as the Agora Courtyard and the Doug Little Lounge, designed for picture taking by family and friends. Each area will be set up with flowers and/or seating. Please feel free to use the entire campus for photographs, as long as you do not disrupt the flow of any ceremony activities.
During the Ceremony: We encourage families and friends to take advantage of the professional photographer and reserve personal photography for the campus. However, there is a small photo pit for family and friends to take photos of their loved ones along the red carpet path. If guests utilize this photo opportunity they should be brief and return to their seat to avoid congestion and blocking view of other guests. No photography will be allowed in the NSC that is outside the photo pit area.
There is more information on Professional Graduation Photographs on the Student Photography page.
- All parking on Convocation day if free
- Handicap parking is available at the NSC
- Public parking is limited to the NSC South lot
- Parking lots A, B, and C will be open to the public
- A courtesy shuttle will be available for those with mobility issues
There is a Live Feed video stream of each ceremony available on Convocation day which you can watch in the overflow room (Canfor 6-213), in the NSC lobby, or even from home. You can also request an electronic copy of the ceremony video in late June. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and specific which ceremony you are interested in.