The Purchasing department has several different but related services.
|Account Codes||Forms||Purchasing Overview|
|Active Tenders & RFP's||How To?||WebReq|
|Code of Ethics||Master Standing Contracts|
Includes the acquisition and contracting, either through purchase orders or contracts, for all goods and services at the University, with the following exceptions:
- Products for the UNBC food contractor
- Catalogues, journals, books, and periodicals for the UNBC Library
- Resale merchandise for the UNBC Bookstore
- All others as outlined in the Purchasing Policy
Regulatory factors influencing the purchasing Department's policies and procedures include:
- Government Regulations (all levels)
- Federal and Provincial tax laws
- Excise and Customs Regulations
- WHMIS (Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System)
- Transportation of Hazardous Goods Act
- C.S.A. Electrical Regulations
- Public Sector Policies and Practices
- Freedom Of Information and Protection of Privacy Act
- Auditor (Provincial and Federal)
- University of Northern British Columbia Policies and Procedures
- Intraprovincial Trade Agreement (1996)
- University, College, an Institute Protection Program (UCIPP) - insurance coverage
Customs, Tax, and Freight Services
Includes customs clearance for imports and exports, interpretation and analysis of tax laws and the negotiating and managing of courier contracts and trucking contracts.
Includes material management (paper, toner, letterhead, etc), asset control, warehouse management, and the expeditious delivery of materials shipped and received for the University's Prince George and Regional Campuses.
Includes the daily delivery and pick-up of all Canada Post and interdepartmental University mail, the processing of all incoming and outgoing courier packages, and maintaining a parcel service for the two Residences.
Risk & Safety Management
Includes the review of all contracts ensuring all insurance requirements of the University are met.