Students will learn the basics of watercolour painting, and further develop their level of skill and knowledge with this medium, as well as exploring watercolour as a tool for creative expression.
Topics include colour mixing and theory, brushwork, and wash techniques. Studio work will be supported by demonstrations, slide presentations, and critiques.
This course is offered in partnership with OCAD University to offer a wide range of courses for enhancing your career expertise in web, design, photography, analytics, and technology. Combine this course with four other Online Digital Media & Graphic Design courses to earn a Digital Media Skills Certificate.
Important registration details:
Courses offered in partnership with OCAD U are delivered through a series of tutorials and related assignments which students may complete at their own pace on the OCAD learning management system Canvas.
The instructor is available throughout the course time period for questions and discussions. To learn more about course expectations, visit here.
As a student, you will receive an OCAD U user account, which will grant you access to Canvas. Your Canvas account will be enabled one week prior to the start date of your course. Please log in at canvas.ocadu.ca.
If you do not know your OCAD U User ID, please check your registration confirmation email. You can reset your password here.
If you need further help, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Been introduced to a range of contemporary watercolour practices, and engaged in conversations around the medium.
- Learned basic qualities of watercolour paint, including transparency and permanence.
- Developed an understanding of the relationships between pigment, water and surface.
- Worked with the principle methods and tools of watercolour painting.
- Begun to develop a personal style based on the above key attributes of watercolour
- 6 online classroom sessions