Explore the inter-dependencies between the topics of procurement, risk, and professional ethics. You will investigate basic make or buy decisions. Should you choose to buy, you will also learn of a variety of procurements options that are available to you. You will also examine the need to effectively manage contracts and how to formally close these. When discussing risk you will learn of known knowns, known unknowns and unknown unknowns. You will also learn strategies to effectively prioritize and treat each. Lastly, you will discuss the specific topic of professional ethics and how personal judgement is required for all ethical decisions.
- Make effective procurement decisions and avoid pitfalls
- Increase effectiveness for managing project-related contracts
- Develop and execute a thorough risk management plan
- Identify and assess ethical dilemmas in project
- Friday & Saturday, 8:30am - 4:30pm