The Minute Taking Workshop covers the Minute Taker's responsibilities - covering all aspects of what to expect before, during and after the meeting. Participants will also learn different types of meetings and ways to take down minutes.
It is recommended students take this course along with the Meeting Procedures workshop to gain a full set of skills in this subject.
• Types of Meetings
• Essential Elements of a Meeting
• Meeting Objectives
• The Meeting Personnel
• Minutes for Formal Meetings
• Motions & Resolutions
• Minutes for Informal, Semi-formal & Action Meetings
- Familiarization of the role and responsibilities of the minute taker in routine day-to-day meetings
- Knowledge of the tasks you will undertake and some solutions to problems you might experience when minute taking