This course is geared towards intermediate to advanced fly anglers who are interested in developing a greater appreciation for stream entomology and fishing techniques. Four two-hour classes will cover stoneflies, mayflies, caddisflies, and tactics and flies to match these insects. This is not a fly-tying course although a few flies will be demonstrated.
- Sampling for insects
- Stonefly biology, fishing tactics and fly patterns
- Mayfly biology, fishing tactics and fly patterns
- Caddisfly biology, fishing tactics and fly patterns
- Fly tying materials for advanced matching the hatch
- Wednesdays, 7:00pm-9:00pm