Learn Chinese in 60 Days is an introductory course in both Chinese language and culture. It is designed for learners who have no, or very limited, prior knowledge of Chinese language and are interested in knowing more about China.
This course is suitable for students who are eager to speak Mandarin or learn about Chinese culture but don't want to focus on reading and writing. There is a main focus on practical speaking and listening activities, starting with Pinyin (Chinese phonetics), tones and spelling, as well as Chinese words, sentences, and simple conversations.
- Class materials and learning resources
- Discover Chinese language history and Chinese culture
- Obtain skills to command the three major linguistic skills: listening, speaking and reading
- To command the Pinyin system
- Understand words, phrases, and short sentences limited to the learned vocabulary
- Speak simple sentences related to daily living
- Express emotions through conversation with correct grammar
- Wednesday evenings, 6:30pm-9:00pm