This course will help you gain the foundational skills to perform the role of a business analyst (BA) in both waterfall and agile environments. You will learn how to plan business analysis activities; as well as the basics of eliciting, analyzing, modeling, and writing requirements. Learn how to verify and validate product requirements, gain approval, and manage the requirements through the life cycle of the project. Understand the BA role in the design, development, and testing phases of a project. Gain new perspectives through hands-on, interactive group activities led by subject matter experts. Enhance your experience through videos, discussions, and reflections. Get tools, templates, and samples to continue your learning and practice after class
This course is aligned to the requirements management and business analysis principles outlined by the International Institute of Business Analysis (IIBA) and Project Management Institute (PMI). In partnership with GLobal Knowledge.
- Role and importance of the BA.
- Vocabulary standards and business analysis practices through the use of the IIBA A Guide to the Business Analysis Body of Knowledge (BABOK Guide).
- Plan BA requirements activities.
- Elicit requirements from stakeholders, with an emphasis on interviews.
- Analyze stated requirements, with an overview of modeling techniques.
- Document requirements for different types of projects.
- Verify and validate requirements.
- Elements of requirements management and communication and the BA's role in them.
- Elements of solution verification and validation and possible BA roles.
- Necessary competencies and best practices of BAs.
- Thursday, Friday, and Saturday, 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM